- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Use & Care
VISIONS cookware is different from other cookware. It is made of a see-through glass ceramic material that withstands temperature extremes. This cookware:
- Can be used on the rangetop, in the oven or microwave, or under the broiler (without cover).
- Can be used for cooking, serving, refrigerating, freezing, reheating, and thawing.
Note the differences between covers and cookware. PYREX® brand glass covers:
- Can be used on VISIONS cookware for rangetop applications, in a preheated oven, in the microwave, refrigerator or freezer. Plastic Microwave/Storage Covers (available for some items)
- Use plastic covers, according to the Use and Care directions printed on them.
IMPORTANT ALL GLASS AND GLASS-CERAMIC MATERIALS CAN BE BROKEN and care should be taken in handling. Accidental breakage from impact is not covered by warranty.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY CAUSE IMMEDIATE OR LATER BREAKAGE, WHICH CAN RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
PYREX® brand glass covers can break from direct heat.
- DO NOT place cover directly on rangetop burner, under a broiler, under a microwave browning element, in a toaster oven, on or near any direct heat sources.
- Discontinue use of any covers accidentally used in this manner even if they do not look damaged.
Hot PYREX brand glass covers can break if cooled suddenly.
- Handle with dry pot holders, do not use wet cloths.
- Set on dry, heat-protective surface for gradual cooling.
- DO NOT set on cold surface: let cover cool before washing, refrigerating, or freezing.
Chips, cracks or deep scratches weaken cookware and covers. Weakened cookware can break during use.
- Follow care and storage instructions to avoid chips, cracks, and scratches due to nesting, hitting rims, using metal utensils, and accidental impact.
Handles and rims may get hot during use. Fingers and hands may be burned. ALWAYS USE POT HOLDERS.
- DO NOT USE any glass product for deep fat frying. NEVER attempt to deep fat fry in a microwave oven. Temperature of fat cannot be controlled.
- DO NOT use or repair broken, chipped, or deeply scratched cookware.
Table, counter, wooden cutting board, and other surfaces may be burned or scorched if hot product is placed directly on surface. Use protective surface.
- DO NOT use to make candy or caramelize sugar; these cool at different rates from the cookware and may cause it to break.
- DO NOT use to pop popcorn - popcorn will not pop, and the cookware may eventually get very hot.
- DO NOT heat empty cookware in microwave oven.
COOKING TIPS FOR RANGETOP USE
VISIONS® cookware works best on top of the range with foods which are stirred, sautéed, or have liquid as a cooking medium. Follow these guidelines:
- When cooking vegetables, potatoes, or pasta, boil water first, then add food slowly to boiling water.
- For anything other than boiling water, use a LOW to MEDIUM heat; too much heat causes food to stick or burn.
- When browning or sautéing, use no more than 1/4" oil or shortening.
- Place food off center in skillet, as center area stays cooler and food will not brown as well there.
- Once food has started to cook or boil, lower heat for gently frying, sautéing, or simmering.
CARE AND STORAGE
Store separately if possible. Otherwise, stack carefully, by inverting the lids and stacking similar smaller pieces on top. If stacking is not possible, nest pots, placing cloth or towel between them.