- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Vegetable FettuccineMakes 4 Servings
Try whole-wheat pasta in this colorful, wholesome dish. The only secret: Be sure the vegetables are firm!
2 carrots, sliced very thin
2 small zucchini, sliced very thin
1 bunch broccoli, cut into small flowerettes with stems sliced very thin
1 lb. uncooked fettuccine noodles
1/2 cup cream
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil or corn oil
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, hulled
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook in separate pots the carrots, zucchini and broccoli until each is just tender, but still very crisp. (You can steam them over about an inch of boiling water in a covered saucepan or plunge them into a large pot of boiling water and cook briskly, uncovered, until just tender.) Set aside.
- Cook the noodles in salted boiling water until tender but still firm. While the noodles are cooking, heat the cream over low heat in a 1-quart saucepan and add the cheese, slowly stirring until melted.
- In a 10-inch skillet, sauté the garlic in the butter and oil for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and steamed vegetables, stirring until heated through. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Drain the noodles. In a large serving bowl, toss the noodles with the cream and cheese mixture, top with the vegetable mixture and serve at once, passing around extra cheese and a pepper mill. Serves 4.