- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
New Mexican Shepherd’s PieMakes Servings
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup onion, diced
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can diced Mexican-style tomatoes
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. granulated beef bouillon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp. Butter Buds Sprinkles
1 cup fat free sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 yellow summer squash, cubed
1 zucchini, cubed
1- 10 oz. can green mild enchilada sauce
1- 4 oz. can diced mild green chilies
1 cup reduced fat mozzarella or queso fresco, shredded or crumbled
- In a large pot, heat salted water to boiling. Boil potatoes until tender. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add ground turkey, onion, cumin, chili powder, beef bouillon, salt and pepper. When meat is about three-fourths of the way browned, add beans and tomatoes.
- When meat is thoroughly cooked and liquid from tomatoes is reduced by half, remove from heat and strain turkey mixture, reserving liquid. Spread turkey mixture into the bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In the same large skillet, cook summer squash and zucchini in reserved liquid until translucent and toasty-looking, cooking in batches if necessary. Spread squash in another layer over turkey mixture in casserole dish.
- When potatoes are tender, strain most of the water out of the pot. But leave ½ to 1 cup of water in the pot and mash potatoes with a masher or hand mixer. Add butter buds, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread potatoes over squash in casserole dish.
- Mix together enchilada sauce and green chilies and pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese over enchilada sauce and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until enchilada sauce is bubbly and cheese looks toasty. Serve warm.