- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Mild Chicken Curry with Fresh Ginger and ChutneyMakes 4 Servings
A delightful way to give chicken some zip.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp flour
3 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned and diluted)
1/2 tsp ground coriander (optional)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4-5 single, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” chunks
1 tbsp chutney
extra chutney (optional)
diced green peppers (optional)
chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
minced green onion (optional)
dice fresh pineapple (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle curry over onion, garlic and ginger and stir into oil. Add flour and stir.
- Add 1 cup broth very slowly while mixing into the flour to make a smooth paste. Add remaining broth, coriander, lemon juice and chicken pieces. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- If sauce isn’t thick enough, remove cover from skillet and simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in chutney and serve over rice with choice of optional condiments on the side.