- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich CookiesMakes 8 Servings
Kids love to buy these at the local convenience store - where they're very expensive. You make make these together at home and be as creative as you like.
1 qt ice cream (vanilla, chocolate chip, chocolate, or your favorite flavor)
16 large oatmeal cookies (the very hard and crunchy type)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips, chocolate or colored sprinkles or candy (such as mini M&Ms, optional)
1/2 cup regular chocolate chips
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften for 30 minutes or to spreading consistency.
- Spread 8 oatmeal cookies in a single layer on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Heap some ice cream onto the center of each cookie. (Don’t worry about it reaching the edge of the cookie; when the top cookie is put on, the ice cream will be pressed to the edge.) Put a cookie on top of each and press to flatten slightly.
- Put miniature chocolate chips, sprinkles or candy in a pie plate. Press the sides of each cookie sandwich into the pie plate to coat the edge with chips, sprinkles or candy. Put the sandwich in the freezer to keep cold.
- As an option, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup. Remove sandwiches from the freezer and, using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate on top of each cookie. Freeze the sandwiches.