- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Holiday Brunch RingMakes 6-8 Servings
Not quite bread, not quite cake or pudding - but quite delicious!
1 cup minced pitted dates
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp brandy or rum
- In a bowl, combine dates, pecans, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Mix well to blend.
- Beat egg yolks lightly. Stir into date mixture, along with vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into date mixture. Turn mixture into ring mold.
- Bake in preheated 350◦ F. oven 30 to 35 minutes or until surface springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool completely on a rack. Unmold onto serving dish. (For best flavor, wrap in plastic wrap and allow to stand overnight.)
- Combine brandy or rum and corn syrup; sprinkle over top. Decorate with cherries if desired.
Good to know: Tame the stickiness of dates by mincing them with kitchen scissors (dip the tips of the scissors often in hot water). If you freeze dates for an hour or so before working on them, they will be even more amenable. Or combine the dates and nuts in a food processor and process, using the chopping blade. Microwave method: Same steps as above except #4 - Cook 6 to 7 minutes in microwave on high, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 3 minutes. Cool directly on heatproof surface. Unmold onto serving dish.