- BAKER’S SECRET®
- CHICAGO CUTLERY®
- Anchor Hocking®
- Charcoal Companion®
- Chicago™ Metallic
- Grande Epicure
- Granite Ware®
- J.A. Henckels International®
- Lock & Lock®
- Nordic Ware®
- Paula Deen
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST
Mon-Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST
Hearty Mexican Pork StewMakes 4 Servings
This is a delicious alternative to beef stew, a really flavorful dish to warm you up when the chill winds of autmn blow.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lb boneless, lean pork, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 large onion, diced
2 large garlic cloves, pressed
2 (28 oz) cans tomatoes, mashed
1/2 cup tomato salsa
3 tbsp minced jalapeño peppers, fresh or pickled
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cups chicken stock (canned or homemade)
5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
sour cream, to garnish
- Heat oil in 6-qt stockpot and brown meat. Remove meat from pot and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add more oil to the pot, if necessary, then sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, salsa, jalapenos, parsley, cumin, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 2 hours. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top.