Pyrex®2 Quart Oblong Baking Dish
Pyrex®2 Quart Oblong Baking Dish
DescriptionPyrex® Bakeware is durable, transparent for easy monitoring of baking progress and provides good heat conduction for even, consistent baking. There's no substitute for Pyrex®, the original glass bakeware.
Product Information• 7" x 11" oblong baking dish (Model #232)
• Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors
• See-through for easy monitoring while cooking
• Glass is pre-heated oven, microwave, fridge and freezer safe, & dishwasher safe
• Made in the USA
• Limited 2-year warranty
- Product Dimension: 13" x 7 1/2" x 2", lid: 11" x 7 1/2" x 1"
- Product Weight: 2lb 6.1oz
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Up to what temperature can one use? Is 425 degrees too high?Asked on 6/27/2015 by Sylvia from United States
A:It is safe for any temperature so long as the oven is preheated and the broiler is not used.Answered on 6/29/2015 by Misty from WK Consumer Care
Q:I might have misled you regarding my Breville countertop oven. It can toast bread, but it also bakes in normal mode as well as convection. I intend to use a Pyrex casserole dish in the oven mode, at 350 baking temp. My problem is that the inside of the oven measures 13". Casseroles that have protruding handles are too large for the oven. Does Pyrex carry a casserole that measures 9X13, with or without handles? These ovens are very popular and this would be a good product to carry.Asked on 4/20/2015 by Nancy NM from Stockton, NJ
A:Thank you for the additional information. If your oven is able to be used as the convection mode without it being exposed to the direct heat source that a toaster oven typically has, it will be safe. While we don't have a 9 by 13 inch dish without handles, we do have an 11 cup rectangle dish with no handles that may work for you. Enter the search term "1075451" on our site. The measurements for the dish are 10 by 8 by 3.Answered on 4/20/2015 by Anonymous
Q:I am wondering about the age of a baking dish I just broke. It hit the top of stove at an angle when I took it out of the oven. The bottom said 232 2 QT, under that was the number 3, below that was Pyrex(with the circled R), under that was Made in USA, under that was the word Ovenware. I have items from my grandmother and mother; it could be old--or not.Asked on 3/16/2015 by Dragon lady from Iowa
A:We would be happy to look into this for you. In order to estimate an age, we would need a picture of the bottom of the dish. Although your description is quite thorough, there are subtle markings on the dish that tell it's age. You can email us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.Answered on 3/17/2015 by Anonymous
Q:does it come in different colors?Asked on 2/16/2015 by ginger from texas
A:We don't have any colored 2 quart Pyrex dishes available at this time.Answered on 2/18/2015 by Anonymous
Q:Does this dish fit the red lid like the one that comes with the 3 Quart? The lid for my missing dish has the code 232 PC.Asked on 10/6/2014 by Dad from Chagrin Falls, OH
A:The model number for this dish is 232. The 232 plastic cover fits this size. Here is a direct link to this cover: www.shopworldkitchen.com/2-quart-red-oblong-plastic-lid-1105840.html#q=2+quart+plastic+lid&start=3.Answered on 10/23/2014 by Brett from WKConsumerCare
PYREX® Limited Two-Year Warranty
World Kitchen, LLC promises to replace any Pyrex glass product that breaks from oven heat, and any Pyrex non-glass accessory item with a manufacturing defect, within TWO YEARS from the date of purchase.
The owner must follow the Safety and Usage Instructions provided with the product. Please contact our Consumer Care Center for warranty claims. KEEP THE PRODUCT. You may be asked to return it.
Incidental and consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation on incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Pyrex® Glass Use & Care
As with all glass products, you must exercise an appropriate degree of care, especially when cooking food at high temperatures. There are three primary risks associated with using glassware for cooking: (1) breakage due to a sudden temperature change applied to the glassware; (2) breakage due to impact if the glassware is dropped or knocked against a hard object; and (3) burning when handling hot bakeware.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE WARNINGS BELOW MAY RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR MAY CAUSE YOUR GLASSWARE TO BREAK OR SHATTER IMMEDIATELY OR LATER.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes to glassware. DO NOT add liquid to hot glassware; place hot glassware on a wet or cool surface, directly on countertop or metal surface, or in sink; or handle hot glassware with wet cloth. Allow hot glassware to cool on a cooling rack, potholder or dry cloth. Be sure to allow hot glassware to cool as provided above before washing, refrigerating or freezing.
- Oven must be preheated before inserting glassware.
- DO NOT use on or under a flame or other direct heat source, including on a stove top, under a broiler, on a grill or in a toaster oven.
- Add a small amount of liquid sufficient to cover the bottom of the dish prior to cooking foods that may release liquid.
- Avoid handling hot glassware (including ware with silicone gripping surfaces) without dry potholders.
- Avoid microwave misuse. DO NOT use glassware to microwave popcorn or foods wrapped in heat-concentrating material (such as special browning wrappers), heat empty or nearly empty glassware in microwave, or overheat oil or butter in microwave (use minimum amount of cooking time).
- Be careful when handling broken glass because pieces may be extremely sharp and difficult to locate.
- Handling your glassware without an appropriate degree of care could result in breakage, chipping, cracking or severe scratching. DO NOT use or repair any glassware that is chipped, cracked or severely scratched.
- DO NOT drop or hit glassware against a hard object or strike utensils against it.
Pyrex® Glassware can be used for cooking, baking, warming and reheating food in microwave ovens and preheated conventional or convection ovens. Pyrex Glassware is dishwasher safe and may be washed by hand using non-abrasive cleansers and plastic or nylon cleaning pads if scouring is necessary. This product is intended for normal household use only; it is not intended for camping, industrial or commercial use. Plastic lids are for microwave and storage use only, and are BPA free.
1098733$5.59 Was $7.99Snapware® Snap ’N Stack® Food Storage Sandwich Box$5.59 Was $7.99Description
If you brown bag it, you’ll love packing your lunch in this two-part stacking container. Use one section for your sandwich, the other for chips, salad, dessert. And if you’re a lighter eater, just use one of the sections by itself. Prepack the containers, store them in your fridge or freezer, and you’re good to go.
1094283Chicago Cutlery® Essentials® 4-Pc Steak Knife Set$14.99Description
DescriptionEssentials™ collection has professional high-carbon stainless steel blades with black polymer handles. This collection is perfect for beginner cooks that are looking for simple cutting solutions at an everyday value.
5302525Pyrex® 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowl$9.99Description
DescriptionThe Pyrex® 2-1/2-Quart Mixing Bowl is designed to make stirring and mixing quick and easy. The round shape gives you the space you need for full range stirring and is ideal for all of your cooking and baking needs.
1035985$5.97 Was $9.99Corningware® Pop-Ins® White 20 Ounce Mug w/ Vented Cover$5.97 Was $9.99Description
This mug has a vented lid specially designed for microwave use. The lid allows steam to escape, keeping your microwave clean and you safe from steam burns. The mug makes a great gift for a coworker or colleague.